Submitted by: Carol Turgeon, a teacher at Fourway Community School in Ontario Canada.
Creating Christmas gifts.
What You Need:
- long grain rice
- white glue
- green food coloring
- margarine or sour cream container
- plastic lid ( from sour cream)
- paper clip
- red beads, sparkle dust, bows
- individual pictures of children
What You Do:
- In a margarine or sour cream container - mix enough glue with about 1/4 cup of rice to make it gooey.
- Add food coloring to make a Christmas green and mix well (I give the children plastic gloves so they can use their hands to mix)
- Put the mixture on a lid and form it into a wreath.
- Stick a paper clip into the back
- Let it dry overnight
- Take it off the lid and glue red beads in groups of three and some sparkle dust and maybe a bow.
- I use the individual pictures and tape them into the middle of the wreath for a great keepsake of grade one
Carol Turgeon teaches grades one and two and she loves teaching art.
© Carol Turgeon
Do YOU have a lesson to share?