SANTA COUNTDOWN CALENDAR
Written by: Andrea Mulder-Slater, KinderArt.
Having fun during the holiday season.
What You Need:
- Large white paper.
- Pencils and markers (or pencil crayons or crayons).
- Safety scissors.
- Cotton Balls.
- Red construction paper.
- A straight edge or ruler.
- Santa pattern (optional)
What You Do:
- Students draw Santa's face on white paper, making sure to draw a very large beard.
- Students cut Santa's hat out of red construction paper.
- Students glue the hat onto Santa's head.
- Santa's face can then be drawn on the paper using markers, crayons, etc.
- Once the face has been created, the next step is to create a calendar for the month of December. This is drawn on Santa's beard (see photo).
- You do not need to worry about days of the week... only the numbers 1 through 31.
- Use this calendar to count down the days of the month. At the beginning of each day, students glue a cotton ball onto the corresponding date on the calendar. At the end of the month, Santa's beard will be filled in!
Andrea Mulder-Slater is the Co-Founder and Producer of KinderArt.com
Do YOU have a lesson to share?