Level: ECE, Primary, Junior, Middle School
Grades: PreK-8 | Age: 2-14yrs | Written by: Andrea Mulder-Slater
[Andrea is one of the creators of KinderArt.com]
Students can make seaside themed ornaments for the Christmas tree.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- a wreath shaped form (we found ours (about 6" in diameter) - made of masonite - at the craft store, but you could cut out your own from cardboard or heavy paper)
- tissue paper (shades of blue)
- glittery embellishments from the craft store
- white glue
- old paintbrushes
- seashells (we used empty periwinkle shells collected at the beach)
- scissors (optional)
- paint (optional)
- Tear or cut the tissue paper into small pieces.
- Use an old paintbrush to apply glue to your wreath form.
- Attach the tissue paper pieces to the form until it is covered.
- Let the paper dry a bit and then start adding your shells and embellishments with glue.
- Allow to dry, attach a ribbon and hang on the tree!
- Student is ready to paint. Cover entire mask with one base color.
Note: If working with older students, you may wish to paint the wreath forms first before applying the paper.
This content has been printed from: