TOILET PAPER TUBE SNOWMAN
Submitted by: Kate Bush, a teacher at Westridge Day Care in Waterloo, IA
To encourage children to use their hand/eye skills and motor skills to paint and place small objects.
What You Need:
- Toilet paper rolls(empty)
- White paint(tempera)
- Pipe cleaners
- Paper punch
- 3 different colors of construction paper
- Black marker
- Orange marker
- Wiggly eyes
What You Do:
- Cut a toilet paper tube into three sections.
- Place the sections on top of one another sideways (so you can see through the tubes when you look sideways at them).
- Glue the sections together.
- Students can then decorate with paint, markers and wiggly eyes.
Kate Bush is a preschool teahcer at a day care in Waterloo IA. She is also a student at Hawkeye Community College. Kate loves to do crafts with her kids and they really enjoy it too. She receives many complements from the parents that their children like school better than before, because they are having fun learning about art and doing activities. Kate believes that she can give these young children a little piece of culture at an age that they normally wouldn't be exposed to it.
© Kate Bush
Do YOU have a lesson to share?