Woven Heart Baskets
Submitted by: Janet Jackson
[Janet is from Hermiston, OR]
Weaving with paper/
What You Need:
- Construction paper &/or gift wrap
- Glue &/or stapler (to attach handles)
What You Do:
- Cut 1 strip about 1 inch by 7 inches (to be used as basket handle).
- Cut 2 (from contrasting papers) 3 inches by 7 to 8 inches rectangles.
- Fold in half and round the cut ends.
- Mark and cut in 3 inches from fold, 4 three-quarter inch wide strips, as for a Japanese lantern, leaving the rounded ends in tact.
- Weave the folded strips through each other [the first folded "strip" of #1 goes around first folded strip of #2, then through #2's second strip, around #2's third strip, and through #2's fourth strip.
- Repeat with #1's second strip -except in reverse order [ie., through #2's first strip, around #2's second strip, through the third strip and around the fourth strip.
- Weave #1's third strip with directions for #1's first strip.
- Weave the fourth strip as was done with the second strip.
- Attach the handle with either glue or with a stapler.
- You can decorate the individual squares formed by the weave [as some of our students have done, or leave "plain".
- The basket size can vary.
►More Valentine's Day Crafts
KinderArt Valentine's Day Coloring Pages - Instant Downloads
The KinderArt KinderColor Valentine's Day Download includes 20 Coloring Pages, 3 Valentine's Day Frames and 2 Color, Cut and Fold Valentine's Day Cards
Download yours today!
Valentine's Day Crafts
by Arlene Erlbach (Author), Herb Erlbach (Author)
Fun Holiday Crafts Kids Can Do
© Janet Jackson & KinderArt®
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com