Submitted by: Jacqueline Webster
[Jacqueline is a teacher and artist from Emily Howard Elementary, Sherwood, NY]
A nifty Valentine's Day Lesson that aids in the development of fine motor skills as well as shape & color recognition.
What You Need:
- 2 different color pink squares of paper - 3" square
- 1x2 green rectangles
- 1/2" X 5" green strips
What You Do:
- Have the kids lay out the green strips on their paper like grass and a flower stalk.
- Fold one of the pink squares in 1/2 and draw a 1/2 of a 2 (or 1/2 of a heart).
- Cut on the line just drawn.
- Place the uncut square on the top of the stalk like a diamond, place the heart shape inside of this.
- Fold the green rectangles and try cutting them like hearts without drawing the lines. Use these for leaves.
- Glue everything in place.
►More Valentine's Day Crafts
KinderArt Valentine's Day Coloring Pages - Instant Downloads
The KinderArt KinderColor Valentine's Day Download includes 20 Coloring Pages, 3 Valentine's Day Frames and 2 Color, Cut and Fold Valentine's Day Cards
Download yours today!
Valentine's Day Crafts
by Arlene Erlbach (Author), Herb Erlbach (Author)
Fun Holiday Crafts Kids Can Do
© Jacqueline Webster & KinderArt®
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com