Students will learn about color mixing as they create “blotter bugs”.
What You Need:
- Tempera Paint (Red, Yellow, Blue)
- Paintbrushes, water containers, paper plates and messy mats
- 5″ x 5″ sheets of heavy drawing paper/Sulphite paper (3 per student)
- 12″x 18″ sheets of construction paper for the book page
- Blotter Bugs handout
- Black Markers
- *Paper sizes are just guidelines.
What You Do:
Review the primary colors (red, yellow and blue).
Talk about how by mixing two primary colors together, students can create
a new color (a secondary color).
Squeeze a small drop of tempera paint (in each of the primary colors) onto a paper plate. Each student or group of students should receive a plate with paint…
For the rest of this lesson, DOWNLOAD THE 44 PAGE PDF, which includes ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS and printable pages you need for your students to create an Art Book.
Related Lessons and Resources:
► The Art Book – Index