Students will learn about making patterns as they create a paper caterpillar.
What You Need:
- Small construction paper squares (red, yellow, blue) approx 3″ x 3″ (several per student)
- 9″ x 12″ construction paper (any color)
- 12″ x 18″ construction paper for the book page
- I Can Make a Pattern Handout
- *Paper sizes are just guidelines.
What You Do:
Talk about patterns. Explain that patterns repeat and can be made up of colors, numbers, shapes, letters, etc.) Have students try to find patterns on their clothes, or around the room.
Have student cut the corners of their squares away to create circles. Don’t worry if they aren’t perfect and be sure to adjust expectations for age and skill level…
For the rest of this lesson, DOWNLOAD THE 44 PAGE PDF, which includes ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS you need for your students to create an Art Book.
Related Lessons and Resources: