This Op Art bulletin board is a real eye catcher. It’s perfect for teachers who are introducing their students to modern art.
By Lynne Ciccarello [Lynn is a teacher at St. Mary of the Mills school in Laurel, Maryland.]
What You Need:
- neon orange and lime green paper
- large black letters
What You Do:
- I took neon paper (orange and lime green) and created an optical illusion pattern with them.
- I put a large circle in the middle of the board w/ smaller circles inside each previous circle (alternating colors).
- I then filled the background of the board w/ alternating colored squares.
- In large black letters I stapled the words “OPEN YOUR EYES TO ART!” over the design.
- This has really been grabbing everyone’s attention. It is a bulletin board they cannot ignore!