Bird and Flower Paper Quilling
Students will learn about paper quilling as they make a bird and flower ring art picture.
By Karen Deria [Karen is an art teacher at Faith Community Christian Academy in Michigan.]
What You Need:
- Construction paper
- White glue
What You Do:
- Cut a series of strips from the construction paper 1/2″ wide.
- Cut these strips to about 4″ long. (Adults might want to do this step for younger children).
- Encourage students to pinch the ends of rings to make either abstract shapes, or recognizable objects like flowers, leaves, etc.
- Leave the rings round for animal bodies, the sun, and other round objects.
- Students can adjust length of strips if desired, cutting them shorter for smaller things, and leaving them long (or gluing smaller pieces together) for larger items.
- Students then glue these pieces to a sheet of construction paper to create images and designs.