Using coffee filters, magic markers (or paint) and water, you can make delightful butterfly sculptures.
By Angela Hopkins [Angela is a teacher at KinderCare in Freeland, Michigan.]
What You Need:
- pipe cleaners (assorted colors)
- coffee filters (large size)
- water-base markers (or watercolor paints and brushes)
- small spray bottle filled with water
What You Do:
- Give each child a coffee filter and have them color on it with markers. Encourage them to make designs.
- Have them hold up the coffee filter, and spray with water. Let them watch the colors spread and run together.
- Once the filter is dry, bunch it in the middle and wrap a pipe cleaner around it. Make sure you leave a little extra pipe cleaner to make two antennae.
Stunning photos take children inside the chrysalis right through the process of emerging as a majestic monarch.
Paint the Wild Butterfly Kit
by Balitono, Inc
Paint three hand carved, solid wood butterflies to create unique magnets or hanging decorations.