Students will recycle plastic cutlery and paper plates to make chimes.
By Andrea Mulder-Slater
What You Need:
- plastic cutlery
- a paper plate
- a sharp pencil
- a pair of scissors
- some string or yarn
What You Do:
- First, cut the string into lengths from 4″ to 6″.
- Then, tie the string to the ends of the cutlery.
- Next poke some holes into the paper plate, thread the string through and tie a knot in each piece.
- Finally, fasten three pieces of string to the top of the plate.
- Optional: decorate the paper plate with crayons, paint, markers or paper.