Handprint Angel Craft for Kids
Children will enjoy using their own handprints to create paper angels. All you need is construction paper, scissors and glue.
By Carol Ingram [Carol is a teacher at Mainland Christian School in Texas City, TX.]
What You Need:
- Blue (or other color) construction paper
- White construction paper
- Manila paper & brown construction paper (see if you can find multicultural construction paper).
- Gold cord or gold paper
- Safety scissors
- Child’s photo (optional)
What You Do:
- Children trace hands on white construction paper and cut shapes out. Assist where necessary.
- Children cut triangle out of white paper. Assist where necessary.
- Children cut circle out of construction paper. Assist where necessary. (You may wish to match the color to your child’s skin tone).
- Glue handprints onto blue (or other color) construction paper and then triangle just over the hands. (Hands will form the wings, and the triangle with form the angel’s body)
- Glue the circle at the top of the triangle, just covering the tip.
- Glue the gold cord just above the circle to form a halo. (optional)
Hand Print Animal Art
by: Carolyn Carreiro
Unique hand-print animals spring to life as creativity explodes in a burst of color and fun. Kids create special effects and transform hand-prints into finger puppets, cards, mobiles, sculpture, and more.
Family Fun Crafts : 500 Creative Activities for You and Your Kids
by: The Editors of FamilyFun Magazine
Creating by Recycling (Crafts for All Seasons)
by Laia Sadurni, Anna Llimos
Create art with objects from around the house.