Use a lid from a small jar or container to make an ornament.
By Connie Miller [Connie is a teacher from Tennessee]
What You Need:
- 1 small plastic or metal lid.
- Old greeting cards or small items that can be glued onto the lid.
- Glitter glue.
- Optional: craft paint.
What You Do:
- Trace the shape of the lid onto the back of the greeting card and cut out the circle.
- Have the kids glue the picture to the inside of their lid.
- Using glitter glue (or craft paint), have the kids paint a line around the front edge of the lid.
- OR – glue small items you’ve collected onto the lid.
- For more sparkle, they can smear on a single layer of glitter glue onto the back & side of the lid. This will also decorate the back if the ornament should spin around on the tree.
- Glue in place a 4-inch piece of string to hang the ornament.
Note: I use hot glue along with regular glue. It’s quicker to dry & holds better.
Image: Find Green