Kindergarten students will read the Eric Carle book, Little Cloud, and then create a work of art based on the story.
By Holly LaForge [Holly is a Bellevue Union Elementary/Teacher Assistant and after school daycare program provider from Santa Rosa California.]
What You Need:
- 2 pieces of white paper per child
- crayons or felt pins
- old newspapers , about one sheet per child
- paste or staples
- “The Little Cloud” by Eric Carle
What You Do:
- Have each child draw the face on the Little Cloud
- Put both pieces of paper together and cut out cloud along the lines you drew. (I had to help my Kindergartners with this part)
- Paste or staple around the cloud leaving top open like a pocket.
- Wad up some of the newspaper and stuff the cloud with it.
- Staple or paste the top of the cloud closed so the stuffing won’t fall out.
- Staple onto bulletin board with the rain pictures
Paper Cloud image courtesy of SouthernSkyArt, Etsy