Create your own homemade magnetic poetry pieces to use on the fridge at home or on the magnetic board at school.
What You Need:
- paper with words written on it (typed lines work best)
- roll of magnetic strip (sticky on one side)
What You Do:
- Have the child use a computer and type a few lines of their favorite words.
- Then print.
- Using the size of your magnetic strip as a guide, cut lines to fit on strip.
- The magnetic strips should have an adhesive side, use that side to lay down your typed line.
- When completed, cut each word separate from the strip.
- You will end up with many magnetic words.
- Have the child combine the words to make a sentence or to write a poem.
- Stick magnets on fridge or metal surface.