A step by step lesson plan which shows you how to make trees out of paper bags.
Grab a brown paper lunch bag and some Autumn colored tissue paper to make this easy and fun tree that appears to be blowing in the wind. A fun craft to make with your children during the fall season.
What You Need:
- brown paper lunch bag
- tissue paper in fall colors (brown, red, orange, yellow)
Tip: Use only shades of green tissue to create a summer tree!
What You Do:
- Open the paper bag so that it can stand by itself. Carefully hold the bottom of the bag and twist just above the seam/fold several times.
- Use scissors to cut strips from the top of the bag down to the twisted section.
- Gather three strips at a time and twist together to form the branches. Continue twisting three strips until you run out of strips to twist. If you end up with an uneven amount, twist four together or two together at the end.
- Tear or cut small pieces of colorful tissue paper and glue a few on here and there as leaves for the branches.