Children can create pictures using pebbles that they find outside.
By Andrea Mulder-Slater
What You Need:
- Pebbles (various sizes)
- Markers or tempera paint
- Cardboard or wood (for a background)
- White glue
- Paintbrushes (if using paint)
What You Do:
- Clean any dirt off of the pebbles.
- Paint the pebbles to look like people, fish, butterflies, birds etc. (Do not apply paint where you will be gluing the pebbles. The glue will adhere itself better to the raw pebble).
- When the paint is dry, glue the pebbles to a background (wood or cardboard).
- You may wish to take this further be gluing bits of fabric or paper to the pebbles.
- As well, you might want to try painting the background to resemble a fish tank, a park, or a tree.