Students can create colorful sculptures or people and pets out of pipe cleaners (chenille stems).
What You Need:
- flat sheet of styrofoam (optional)
- pipe cleaners various lengths and widths
- beads various sizes, hole sizes, colors (optional)
- anything else with a hole in it such as straws, pasta (optional)
What You Do:
- Lay supplies out on table or workbench.
- Show the children that the pipe cleaners will stick in the styrofoam (if you have it).
- Demonstrate how to bend the pipe cleaners into people and pets.
- Kids can can slide beads, straws, pasta, etc. onto the pipe cleaners, or just use them without embellishments.
Image: HCH Library