By Judith Walsh [Judith is an art educator from Mt. Zion Elementary in Suffolk, Virginia]
Students can create pictures of trees using puzzle pieces as leaves.
What You Need:
- 9″ x 12″ white paper
- puzzle pieces
What You Do:
- Students will discuss fall scenes and trees.
- Students will also discuss using the entire sheets of paper to create a scene.
- Then students will draw a fall scene complete with a bare tree.
- The teacher will come around to each student and put glue dots around the limbs of the tree.
- The students will place the puzzle pieces on the glue.
- The puzzle pieces will appear as the leaves on the tree.
- These add a nice 3-D effect to their paper and they really do look like fall leaves!
- Have fun!