Make your own paint that smells as good as it looks! Here are three different recipes for you to try.
What You Do:
- Tempera paint
- Paintbrushes and fingers
- Encourage children to smell the paint as they work with it.
- We used this activity while painting a picture of a strawberry.
- I mixed strawberry gelatin with red paint.
- When the paint dries, the smell remains.
- No eating!!
- peppermint, orange – or other extracts
- paint brush
DRINK MIX PAINT
- 1 Tablespoon powdered drink mix (unsweetened is best)
- 1 Tablespoon warm water
- Muffin tins or baby food jars
- Small mixing bowl
- Mix the water and drink mix in a small mixing bowl.
- Paint on paper the way you would with any watercolor paint.
- Use different drink mixes for different colors (grape, cherry, lemon, etc.)
- Let paint dry overnight before scratching and sniffing.