Tissue Paper Sunflowers
Children can make a sunflower using tissue paper and glue.
By Andrea Mulder-Slater
What You Need:
- sunflower template
- Tissue paper (yellow, green, brown)
- Paper plate
- Pencils (or q-tips)
- Safety Scissors
What You Do:
- Cut the tissue paper into small squares.
- Squeeze some glue onto a paper plate.
- Students choose a small tissue paper square, and crinkle it up around the end of a pencil.
- Using the pencil, students dip the tissue paper square into the glue.
- Students then paste the tissue paper down onto the sunflower template and hold it there until it sticks well (5 seconds).
- Repeat the steps until the entire sunflower picture is complete, using green for the leaves and stem, brown for the seeds and yellow or red for the petals.
- Display the finished work.