Treasure Bottle (Calm Down Jar)
Children can make a treasure bottle using corn syrup, glitter and found objects.
By Kirema Davis and her children Ayla, Vaughn, DezaRae and KiAsia.
What You Need:
- An old plastic bottle with a screw on cap (old baby food jars or baby bottles work well). Make sure it is clean.
- Beads, broken earrings, tiny cars what ever you like that is very tiny.
- Karo brand light corn syrup
- Warm water
What You Do:
- After you have everything you need all in one place you can begin.
- Take the bottle and put a few of the tiny items in it.
- Next, pour some glitter in the bottle as well.
- Then pour about 4 ounces of the Karo syrup in the bottle.
- After that you pour in about 1 1/2 ounces of warm water into the bottle.
- After you have put everything you want into your bottle, cap it tightly (we put some glue on the cap after closing it) and shake it for a while until everything is mixed up inside.
This bottle can be used for anxious children to shake and look at in order to help them calm down.