This is a quick and easy cut and paste flower activity for kids of all ages.
What You Need:
- Card stock background paper (8 X 11)
- Red construction or tissue paper precut into 2 inch squares
- Black construction paper precut into 1 inch squares
- An assortment of colored construction paper for vase (8 X 5)
- pencil or markers
What You Do:
- Have children cut imperfect round shapes out of red paper.
- Cut smaller round shapes out of black paper.
- Glue black round shape on center of each of the red shapes (poppies).
- Cut a low oval “vase” from the colored construction paper about 6″ X 4″.
- Glue vase to bottom of background paper.
- Glue poppies over edge of vase and on top in about three layers, overlapping and mixed height.
OPTIONS: Add some green leaves and stems. Mosaic the vase with cuttings of construction paper. Always write your name neatly on bottom right bottom of paper. Not on back.