Written by: Andrea Mulder-Slater/KinderArt.com
Students will make body tracing self portraits.
What You Need:
- Large paper bags or a large roll of brown kraft paper.
- Crayons, pencil crayons.
- Old magazines and photographs.
- Fabric, yarn, buttons.
What You Do:
- Cut open two large paper bags and tape them together until you have a size that’s a little longer and a little wider than yourself. Or you can use a section of a kraft paper roll.
- Lie on the paper and have a partner trace around your outline.
- Cut out the body shape.
- (Optional) Find pictures in magazines that show things that you like. Cut them out and paste them to your body outline. These could be anything from pictures of animals, to computer games, cars or musical groups.
- Draw your face, shoes, etc. using pencil crayons or crayons. You might also wish to glue pieces of fabric onto your collage.
- (Optional) Paint your features onto your collage.
- Hang your collage on a door or wall.