Crayon Resist Fish
Students can use crayons and paint to make delightful crayon resist pictures. We used fish as our theme but you can use any image you wish.
By Andrea Mulder-Slater
What You Need:
- Crayons or Oil Pastels
- Tempera paint (watered down)
- Paint brush
What You Do:
- Draw a border around your picture. Inside this border, draw circles or “bubbles”. Use crayons or oil pastels and be sure to press hard.
- Inside the border, draw some fish (starfish, jellyfish, rainbow fish, etc. The sky (or ocean) is the limit.
- When you finish your drawing, lightly brush paint over the picture. Use dark colors.
- The areas of crayon (or oil pastel) will resist or repel the paint.