Written by: Robert Beeching
This is a wonderful mini lesson in which children will learn how to draw hands.
What You Need:
- black marker
- white paper (large)
What You Do:
- Use a large marker to discourage a habit of erasing while drawing.
- Look at your hand more than you look at your paper.
- Once you begin, keep the line moving.
- As you progress, be sure to include details like fingernails, knuckles and skin folds.
- If you make a mistake – IGNORE IT! Keep drawing and do not destroy your work.
- Try to break the habit of using new sheets of paper.
- Learn to draw what you see rather than what you think you see.
- See: Gesture Drawing for more info.