Drawing on Wet Glue with Chalk Pastels
By drawing into wet paste with chalk pastels, students can create unique works of art.
By Leon Ruder [Leon is an artist and teacher at St. Ignace Area Schools, St. Ignace, MI]
What You Need:
- Paper 12″ x 18″
- Water, glue and corn starch
What You Do:
- Take a little bit of water, glue and corn starch. Mix them all together and you’ve got paste.
- With a large (6″) brush, wipe mixed paste on the paper in front of each student.
- Cover the whole sheet.
- While the paper is wet, (working time of about 20 min.) have children draw into the wet paste with the pastels.
- Put aside to dry for 2hrs.
But Wait, There’s More
Elizabeth McDonald of CatChick6 Creations, tried this lesson plan with her kids – and posted the results (and steps) on her blog. Have a peek: http://www.catchick6creations.com/?p=1656
Image: CatChick6 Creations