By drawing into wet paste with chalk pastels, students can create unique works of art.
What You Need:
- Paper 12″ x 18″
- Art Paste (cellulose) 2oz makes 2 gallons (paper mache paste)
What You Do:
- Use a still life as subject matter. Mine was flowers and a vine (which allows the kids to draw all across the paper).
- With a large (6″) brush, wipe mixed paste on the paper in front of each student.
- Cover the whole sheet.
- While the paper is wet, (working time of about 20 min.) have children draw into the wet paste with the pastels.
- Put aside to dry for 2hrs.
But Wait, There’s More
Elizabeth McDonald of CatChick6 Creations, tried this lesson plan with her kids – and posted the results (and steps) on her blog. Have a peek: http://www.catchick6creations.com/?p=1656
Image: CatChick6 Creations