Students will use a magazine photo of a person, cut in half, as the beginning of a drawing. Half magazine picture, half drawing.
By Katie Haase [Katie is an artist from Oshkosh]
Helping the student to see and understand correct facial placement.
What You Need:
- plain paper
- pencil (color pencils if you choose)
- photographic image of face
- desk or drawing board
What You Do:
- Find a photograph of a person’s face/head.
- Student cuts the face in half the long way. (one eye, half nose and half mouth)
- Student tapes photo onto a sheet of paper, leaving room beside it.
- Student finishes the drawing of the face (they can keep the cut off portion for reference, as needed).
- Student signs their work.