Students will create an narrative within the shape of a state (or province) using personal experience. They will choose a state, review that state and draw a picture using the shape of the state as a template.
What You Need:
- template of a state (we used Ohio)
- colored pencils
- large drawing or construction paper
What You Do:
- Review state facts, whatever state you choose.
- Review shape of the state.
- Students draw the state on the upper left hand side of large drawing paper — allowing room for hair and a speech bubble to the right.
- Encourage students to incorporate sentences inside the speech bubble:
- Hello my name is _____.
- I live in ______,city, state (ie: Dayton, Ohio).
- I am good at ______.
- My state is known for _______.
- Students then detail their state head with facial features.
- Encourage your students to really add their own personality to these wonderful heads.
Coloring Castle (State Outline Coloring Pages)