Children can make a textural drawing of a bird nest with eggs using a few simple supplies.
By Andrea Mulder-Slater
What You Need:
- construction paper (dark blue/light blue)
- oil pastels (or crayons)
What You Do:
- Draw messy circles on the blue construction paper. (Use a variety of browns from light to dark).
- Then, add some black circles and swirly lines.
- Layer some white over the brown and black to blend the colors.
- Add some branches.
- Draw some leaves on the branches using light and dark green.
- Fold a strip of construction paper into 4 sections.
- Cut out oval shaped eggs.
- Decorate the eggs with spots/dashes.
- Glue the eggs to the nest.
Start with construction paper.
A complete 10 page lesson plan is available to members of The KinderArt Club.
MORE LIKE THIS:
If you like this project, you will LOVE the multitude of lessons available in The KinderArt Club – our affordable online art lesson membership portal for teachers, parents, homeschoolers, art studio owners, librarians and anyone else who teach art to children ages 5 to 11yrs.