Written by: Andrea Mulder-Slater/KinderArt.com
Learn how to make maracas using yogurt containers or paper cups.
What You Need:
- 2 plastic cups or yogurt containers — the same size — clean and dry
- 1/2 cup of coffee beans or dried peas or macaroni, rice or beads.
- Glue (hot glue will work well but requires adult supervision)
- Masking tape.
- Paint (acrylic paint is the best for this type of material but you can also use poster paint or tempera with glue added to it to make it stick to the plastic.)
- Fabric (optional)
What You Do:
- Put the beans or peas into one of the cups or containers
- Hot glue the 2 containers together.
- Wrap masking tape around the rims for added support.
- Paint the shaker with bright colors and glue on fabric pieces too if you wish.