Written by: Elisha B [Elisha is a 3rd grade student from Spanish Fork, Utah]
Students will learn to mix colors with unique art materials – corn syrup and food coloring.
What You Need:
- Corn Syrup
- Food Coloring (red, yellow and blue)
- Paper plates or thick paper
What You Do:
- Mix each of the food coloring colors with the corn syrup so you have three corn syrup colors (red, yellow and blue).
- Use your fingers (or brushes, or Q-Tips, etc.) to paint on the paper plate or paper with the corn syrup.
- Mix different colors to create new colors (yellow and blue make green; red and blue make purple; yellow and red make orange).
- Write down which colors created the new colors when mixed together.
- Let dry and hang to display.