This lesson challenges students to decorate cow cutouts in the style of great artists. Inspired by Cow Parade.
What You Need:
- example of a cow drawing or a pattern. Click HERE or HERE for printable patterns.
- acrylic paint
What You Do:
- Draw (or trace) a cow on cardboard and then trace 2 more on poster board. The bigger the better!
- Glue the poster board on each side of the cardboard.
- The students then will think of an idea to paint on the sides of the cow using art history for their motivation.
- Example of ideas may be “Cowlvador Dali”; “Homage to Thomoos Hart Benton”; “Starry, Starry Cow”; Vincent Van Cow”; “Moona Lisa Meets Moondrain”… you get the idea.
- The finished art work can be placed on stands and paraded at an open house.