By using aluminum foil instead of paper, students will create fabulous (and shiny) works of art.
By Andrea Mulder-Slater
What You Need:
- Tin foil
- Tempera or acrylic paint (dark colors)
- Liquid Dishwash soap
- Paint brush
- Popsicle stick
What You Do:
- Tape a piece of tin foil to a piece of cardboard.
- Add a couple of drops of liquid dish wash soap to a small amount of tempera (or acrylic) paint.
- Brush paint over the entire piece of foil and let dry.
- Using the popsicle stick, carefully scrape a design into the paint.
- Glue the finished piece to a sheet of construction paper or scrap mat board for display.
Image: Melissa and Doug