It’s Piet Mondrian… with a Valentine’s Day twist.
What We Used:
- White paper
- Black paper
What We Did:
- First, we drew lines on heart templates with pencils and rulers.
- Then, we painted in our shapes.
- When the paint was dry we cut out our hearts and glued them onto black construction paper.
- We then glued down black strips of paper to cover our pencil lines.
- Finally, we cut our hearts again, leaving a black border.
MORE ON MONDRIAN:
This lesson was reprinted with permission of ARTventurous.
ARTventurous is a First Grade teacher from Vancouver, Canada who loves teaching art to her young students. She started her blog as a way to save and share her students’ work and to inspire other teachers to be creative in their own classrooms. Find her at artventurous.blogspot.com and on Instagram at: @artventurousblog