This is a terrific drawing lesson that gets the creative juices flowing. It is great as a 15 minute filler.
By Andrea Mulder-Slater
What You Need:
- Paper 18″ x 24″
- Water paint
- Paint brushes
- Oil pastels or crayons
What You Do:
- Take a pencil and begin by drawing a window frame on your paper, making sure it fills the entire space.
- Using your imagination, draw something you might see when you look through outside, through the window. This could be anything from a tree to a scary monster to a drag car to your best friend. Anything goes.
- Using the crayons or oil pastels, trace over your pencil lines making sure to press hard.
- With a lot of water and a little bit of paint, cover your picture with a “wash” of color.
- Sign and display your work.