This activity is based on an idea found in an issue of FamilyFun Magazine. Seashells make wonderful palm-size canvases for seascape paintings so start painting on seashells today!
What You Need:
- Seashells (large chalky, white shells)
- Jar or water.
- Acrylic paints and small brushes.
What You Do:
- Rinse the shells clean and let dry.
- Paint tiny pictures on the inside of the shell. Fish, water, sunsets, palm trees … anything you want.
- You could create a number of shell paintings and display them around the edge of a frame, or you could glue them to a terracotta pot. The possibilities are endless.
- If you live near the water, you could make a field trip out of this activity and take the opportunity to discuss the sea and the animals who live there.