Students will review colors as they explore watercolors. Then, they will weave their paintings together.
What You Need:
- paper 9×12 (2 sheets per student)
- color wheel(s)
What You Do:
- Students reviewed primary, secondary and intermediate colors.
- Students were shown watercolor brush techniques.
- Students picked a starting color from the color wheel and a shape to repeat and continued in order around the color wheel.
- After both paintings were done students then cut one into strips, leaving the strips attached on one edge. (see “More Information” below)
- The other painting was cut into strips (either regular or irregular) and one at a time a woven into the other painting. (see “More Information” below)
- Edge pieces were glued down and then student picked out a background color to mount their weavings onto.