Tennis Ball Prints
This is a great outdoor printmaking lessons for very active kids.
By Andrea Mulder-Slater
Tennis ball prints are best done outdoors in the warm weather.
What You Need:
- Paper (a nice big roll of paper, if you can get it)
- Thin paint. (This can be water-based paint of any kind. If you use tempera or acrylic, make sure to add lots of water so the paint is very, very thin.)
- Containers for paint
- Tennis balls
- Aprons or old shirts
What You Do:
- Children should wear an apron or old shirt.
- Dip the tennis balls in paint.
- Dab or (our favorite) drop the balls onto paper to make a print.
- Hang the prints to dry.
- Some dripping may occur, which adds interest to the finished work.