Kids can make a paper sandwich collage using a variety of paper and found objects.
By Deb Barone [Deb is an art educator at Myerstown Elementary School, Myerstown, PA]
What You Need:
- Construction paper
- Scrap materials (found objects)
What You Do:
- Give the children long rectangular strips of paper on which to build their sandwiches.
- Have pre-cut brown construction paper “bun” shapes for them to glue at either end of the strip.
- Instruct the children to chose from the scrap materials to fill in the space between the buns, building a sandwich layer to layer.
- Some of the materials we have used are ribbon, felt, burlap, crepe paper, yarn, macaroni, and stickers.
- The children enjoy using materials for purposes other than the way they were intended and get a good feel for one meaning of collage.
Join Our Club:
Join The KinderArt Club for detailed step-by-step lessons and resources to help you teach your students and children about Fun Food.
This bundle (plus many more) can be found inside.
Become a member at https://thekinderartclub.com/vip