Recycle an old cardboard egg carton into some Halloween craft fun with these ghosts in the graveyard.
What You Need:
- 12 or 18 egg cardboard egg carton
- 2 twigs that look like miniature trees
- 3 cotton balls
- small piece of white paper or card stock
- popsicle or craft stick
- acrylic craft paint in white, black and green
- black fine tip marker
- hot glue gun or white craft glue
What You Do:
- Place egg carton upside down on work surface.
- Mix together some white and black paint to make gray. Paint all but five of the egg cups with the gray paint. Set aside to dry.
- While paint on gravestones is drying, paint the popsicle stick with black paint. Let dry then repeat on the other side.
- On white paper or card stock, write the words “Ghosts in the Graveyard” to create a sign. Use scissors to trim into a rectangle. Glue to the end of the black popsicle stick.
- Paint the remaining egg cups with white paint and let dry.
- Paint the edges and outer flap of the carton with green paint, let dry.
- When paint has dried, use the black marker to add words to the gravestones such as “R.I.P.” or “Here Lies My Feet”. We also added years on our headstones. Add faces to the ghosts as well.
- Use a pen to poke a hole in between two egg cups in the back row. Put some hot glue on the end of one of the twigs and insert into the hole. Repeat this process on the right side of the graveyard as well.
- Poke another hole somewhere in the middle, add hot glue to the end of the black popsicle stick and insert the sign.
- Gently pull apart 3 cotton balls. Glue the cotton around the edge of the graveyard, inserting some in between rows and around the sign.