Blessing Boxes Craft
Kids can make blessing boxes to show what they are thankful for on Thanksgiving Day.
By Amanda Formaro
What You Need:
- Empty milk cartons
- Brown construction paper
- Magic markers
What You Do:
- Have students save their milk cartons from lunch.
- Wash the milk cartons and let them dry overnight.
- Cover the milk carton with brown paper, leaving the top open.
- Have students trace their hands onto construction paper.
- Cut out the hand shapes to create turkey tails to attach to the back of the box.
- On the front of the box print the child’s name and the word blessing box underneath. (ex. Jessica’s Blessing Box.)
- Each day encourage the children to print their blessings on a small strip of paper and put it into their box.
- When complete, students can take the project home and share their blessings with their families on Thanksgiving.