How to Blow Out an Egg
Learn how to prepare a raw egg for decorating at Easter.
By Amy Schamburek
What You Need:
- raw eggs
- darning needle (larger needle)
- small bowl
- paper towels
- white glue
What You Do:
- Holding the egg firmly but gently, with the darning needle pierce a hole in each end of the egg. Make one hole larger than the other.
- Pass the needle through the larger hole and, breaking the yolk inside, stir the contents.
- Blow into the small hole and force the contents out of the large hole into the bowl.
- Clean out the egg by running a little water through the large hole. Gently shake the egg as you rinse until the egg in completely clean. If you don’t do this the eggs will begin to smell after a while. Let dry on a paper towel.
- After the egg has dried, you can put a few drops of glue over the holes to protect the egg from further cracking. Now it is ready to decorate.
*There is also the option to use hard boiled eggs for your decorating projects.