These sweet polar bears can be created with chalk and paper.
What You Need:
- black construction paper
- blue construction paper
- white cartridge paper
- white chalk
- black and white oil pastel
- black charcoal chalks (optional)
What You Do:
- Using white chalk on black construction paper students use the sides of their chalk to rub a round shape for the head and a body.
- Two smaller circles make the ears.
- Students use their fingers to gently blend the chalk to remove any harsh lines that may have been created.
- Black oil pastels are used to create the facial features and the inner ears.
- Rub a little bit of charcoal under the head to create a bit of a shadow.
- Then cut out the whole polar bear shape.
This lesson was reprinted with permission of ARTventurous.
ARTventurous is a First Grade teacher from Vancouver, Canada who loves teaching art to her young students. She started her blog as a way to save and share her students’ work and to inspire other teachers to be creative in their own classrooms. Find her at artventurous.blogspot.com and on Instagram at: @artventurousblog