You can make snow globes using baby food jars, corn syrup, glitter and found objects.
What You Need:
- Small jar, with lid
- Plastic toys (optional)
- Seashells (optional)
- Small glass jar with lid (baby food jar)
- Baby oil or corn syrup
- Toys or seashells (optional)
What You Do:
- Take the jar and pour in some glitter – not too much, just enough to give a sparkle effect, into the bottom of the jar.
- Add any small plastic toys or seashells into the jar.
- Fill with water to the top and place the lid over the top, very tightly.
- Then shake the jar.
- The glitter will appear as snow in a real snow globe.
- Fill the jar with baby oil or corn syrup, and a little water.
- Add glitter
- Glue toy or seashell to the lid of with glue and put the lid on the jar (seal with glue). (Make sure you use waterproof glue – ADULT assistance required!).
- When dry, turn the jar upside down and give it a shake.
Rainy Day Activity : How to Make Playdough, Bubbles, Monster Repellent and More!
by Jennifer Rader
Rader has created a children’s activity cookbook that’s perfect for children of all ages. Children can learn how to make play dough, jewelry, puzzles, games, face paint, and much, much more.
Family Fun Crafts : 500 Creative Activities for You and Your Kids
by: The Editors of FamilyFun Magazine
Creating by Recycling (Crafts for All Seasons)
by Laia Sadurni, Anna Llimos
Create art with objects from around the house.